Thursday, April 24, 2008

The children have gone cannibalistic

My mother blames it on the spring. The children are acting crazy, refusing to go to bed, running around the house, jumping on each other and me, shrieking and making all sorts of odd noises. This trend has been escalating over the past two weeks, with what I hope was a climax yesterday. Recently, Rebekah was bitten by another child during a playdate. This week she was playing with Annabelle and decided to bite her clothes like a puppy. She accidentally bit Annabelle. We dealt with that and hopefully convinced her not to try it again. The next day Annabelle was bitten TWICE by a child at daycare. It seems that this classmate was determined to get Annabelle, so the teachers had to keep them separated all day. After being used as a chew toy, I suppose Annabelle was pretty annoyed, so last night she bit me on the shoulder. What is wrong with these children???!!! I've never encountered this problem. I just hope it's over.

3 comments:

LeLe said...

Is it a full moon?

Anonymous said...

I suppose we can blame Rebekah's turn to cannibalism on Kolton, who as we know is quite the little biter. I hope the girls get over this phase quickly. I dread the thought of Eva turning into a cannibal as well. ;)

M said...

Luckily, even with all the times Wild Man has been bitten by The Biter, he has not turned into a cannibal. He has, occasionally, bit me to get my attention, but he's only done that two or three times.