Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane update

The storm is here, and we still have power so far. The wind woke me up at 6:00 a.m., but I don't think it will get any worse. We've got 40 mph winds with 60 mph gusts, and it will probably be like that all day long. It's possible that the winds will cause us to lose power later, but maybe we'll get lucky. We're perfectly safe at home and we are not leaving the house until tomorrow. I can't keep Shannon inside--he keeps going out on the porch to watch the storm. Annabelle peeked out the door behind him and said "Whoa!" I know that the news reports are showing that we are in the hurricane, so I just wanted to let everyone know exactly what we're experiencing so you won't worry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're doing okay. nothing here...just some cloud cover and low winds. Looks like we're going to miss the party.

not that people here weren't prepared. Holy cow, I've rarely seen anything like the panic that ensued over the last couple of days. :)

LeLe said...

Glad you're safe! Hope your power stays on.