Friday, October 03, 2008

the bit about the ketchup...

On the suggestion of my friend Rochelle, here's the rest of the story. After Rebekah was traumatized by this cartoon, I went to watch it myself to see what upset her so badly. The cartoon is set in a hunting lodge, and at the end a gun goes off and Pluto faints. Then Chip and Dale pour ketchup on him, so when Mickey Mouse comes back, he thinks Pluto has been shot (don't you miss the days when even Mickey Mouse cartoons were good and violent?). Oh! That must be it! She thinks that Chip and Dale killed Pluto! I went back to Rebekah and asked her, "Did you think that Pluto was bleeding?" Tearing up again, she replied, "No. It was ketchup. They dropped a broom on him (she thought the rifle was a broom) and then poured ketchup on him and it is SO MEAN to pour ketchup on people!" And then more crying.

1 comment:

AcadeMama said...

Oh no! Not the ketchup! :)

You know I have a sensitive girl myself, one who was devastated every time E.T. went back home (or got sick for that matter), so I totally empathize. I can also say that it gets better...eventually.