Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving preparations

We've officially started planning for Thanksgiving with a marathon shopping trip. I've been hosting Thanksgiving at our house with my parents and brother since we moved here, and I really enjoy it. The cooking goes on for days, and I've started already making some apple butter in my slow cooker for breakfast.

The Thanksgiving menu looks like this:
  • Smoked peppered turkey from New Braunfels Smokehouse (Dad ordered that for us and it will be delivered in a few days)
  • Cornbread dressing (baked in muffin tins so everyone gets some of the crusty edges)
  • Sweet potato casserole (mashed with eggnog and topped with marshmallows)
  • Chunky sweet potatoes roasted with orange juice, brown sugar, and pecans
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy
  • Purple hull peas
  • Sweet green peas (some plain and some covered in white sauce)
  • Rolls Mom is picking up at the Mennonite bakery
  • Pecan Pie
  • Italian Cream Cake

2 comments:

LeLe said...

Can I come to your house? :)

Unknown said...

Yummy...I love all the potato choices.