Sunday, December 02, 2007

language arts

On Friday, Rebekah brought home a note about what they had been learning in school for the week. For the literacy section, they read a book called Diary of a Worm, so I asked her to tell me about the worm. She began, "Once upon a time there was a little worm..." and told me the story. For the language section, they learned about articles, adjectives, nouns, and verbs. I asked Rebekah if she could tell me about nouns. She said, "Once upon a time there was a little noun..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally know diary of a worm!

Anonymous said...

"Once upon a time there was a little noun that didn't agree with its verb..."

Maybe we should use parts of speech fairy tales in our classes!

LeLe said...

Too cute! I can't believe they're already teaching parts of a sentence in pre-school.