Monday, October 16, 2006

So what is going on with us?


This past summer we moved to Navasota, Texas, a small town about half an hour from Texas A&M. We both grew up in small towns, so you would think it wouldn't be much of an adjustment, but we had gotten spoiled in College Station with shopping and restaurants right down the street. We're pretty much settled in now, though. We're still going to our church in College Station, and I still work at the university, so we're back and forth quite a bit.

Rebekah is going to a new preschool, and she loves it. She tells us every day about all the fun she has playing outside with her friends. She talks all the time, and she is always making funny observations. Yesterday she climbed into my desk chair and said, "Mommy, I need to check my email!" She also has gotten a little sneaky. We lost her toothbrush last week, and after looking all over the house, Shannon finally took her to the store so she could pick out a new one. As soon as she got home with her new Care Bears toothbrush, she went straight to the entertaiment center and pulled out her "lost" My Little Pony toothbrush, held them both up, and said "Now I have all of them!" She knew where it was all along!

Shannon is managing Pizza Hut here in Navasota and training managers for the Houston area. Soon he will be responsible for opening a brand new Pizza Hut in a nearby town, but we're not sure when (you know how those things go...first it was set for January, now they say May).

I am teaching Technical Writing online this semester. The totally online class has been an adjustment for me and my students, but we all seem to be surviving. I have different plans for next semester...more on that later. I passed my preliminary exams this summer, which means that all I have left to finish my degree is my dissertation. But don't get excited...that will take a while, especially with two kids. That's right--two kids! We're expecting our second baby in April.

That's enough for now. We'll be updating this regularly, so keep checking in.
posted by Sarah

2 comments:

LeLe said...

Sarah, Rebekah totally looks like you! Too cute!!!

Matt said...

You are too busy! Two babies are going to make you go crazy but at least one knows what's up with the Care Bear & My Little Pony gear. She sounds awesome! Just like Mom... Thanks for keeping in touch.