Monday, November 06, 2006

When it rains, it pours

We've just had one of those weeks--and the problems are leaking into this week!

I had a ton of work to do, and of course, that's when Rebekah gets sick. Shannon was able to take her to the doctor, who told us, as usual, that she has a cold and there's nothing we can do but wait it out. So when I went to pick up some medicine for her, my car broke down in the pharmacy parking lot. We had it towed to a shop, but when it got there it worked. They changed the fuel filter and we took it home.

During all of this, I caught Rebekah's cold, which then turned into full-blown bronchitis. Shannon had to work on Saturday, so Rebekah went with me to the urgent care clinic. After that, at the pharmacy again, the OTHER car broke down! Fortunately, our friends Courtney and Tom took care of Rebekah and me while we waited for Shannon. But he didn't show up--because the car that was just in the shop wouldn't start! Both cars broken on the same day! And of course, this is complicated by the fact that we were in College Station and Shannon was in Navasota, twenty miles away. Tom took me to TWO Walmarts to find the right battery for the Trailblazer, and fortunately, we had diagnosed the problem correctly and it started up as soon as we got the new battery in. So what started as a quick trip to the doctor ended up being an all-day ordeal, but at least we had a nice visit with our friends, and Rebekah had someone to play with instead of just watching us fix the car.

This week, we're still down to one car, and I still have bronchitis. Hopefully both of those problems will be resolved shortly. My next post will be much happier because we will report the sex of our baby!
Posted by Sarah

1 comment:

LeLe said...

Sarah, that sounds like something that would happen to me...God bless you. I hope everything works out!