Tuesday, May 29, 2007

big weekend

This weekend we found a place to live! Shannon's new job starts at the end of June, and we'll be moving very close to Houston. We're buying a brand new house--so new it's not even a house yet, just a slab. There are a lot of plans and preparations still to make, so we'll keep everybody updated.

Mom and Dad came out to visit this weekend and we had a great visit. We showed them where our new house will be and where Shannon will work, and the girls loved having all the attention. Bekah was so happy to play with Granmommy and Papaw, and of course to get the presents they brought her. She got a great art kit and has played with it every day. The first thing she wants in the morning is her new art box. She is also learning how to use scissors and is obsessed with it. Even Annabelle was full of smiles when her grandparents held her. Annabelle smiles a lot now, and she lights up when she sees her big sister. These girls already have a strong connection, and I am so proud when I see how much they love each other. Rebekah says that she is the best big sister of all. Dad also bought me a cake decorating kit, so I can make cakes for Rebekah's and Shannon's birthdays this summer.

5 comments:

LeLe said...

Congrats on the new house! That's so exciting!

I got to hold Hannah in church Sunday and she kept looking up at me and smiling. It just melts your heart! Even though I think she was filling up her diaper, it was still sweet. Luckily, I didn't have to change it. She always gets fussy during the offering...her dad says it's because she's afraid if they give all their money to God she won't have any formula! Haha.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! How fun to have a Brand New House!!! all your very own, too!

Congratulations!! I'm so excited to hear about how well your girls are bonding. *melt*

Anonymous said...

I agree that watching the bond between sisters develop is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!! Sibling relationships are the longest lasting relationships in life, and it's just amazing to see how much love kids can have for each other at such an early age :)

Courtney

Anonymous said...

How exciting to have your very own house, though at this point, I must say I'm just glad to be in a house rather than an apartment--even if it is a rental! Where in Houston will you be living? (I've got family in various places around the city.)

Anonymous said...

sorry--that last comment was from rochelle

that's what happens when you type a comment w/ one hand while trying to get a crying baby to sleep :)