Monday, October 01, 2007

Woo-hoo!

Shannon has a job offer for a management position at a bank. We won't have details until the end of the week. Today is his last day at his old job, and he's pretty excited, especially since getting the call this morning. The timing has worked out well, too. He wanted to take a vacation this week to visit family without his cell phone ringing all the time with work problems, and he'll be able to do that. It won't be a real vacation for me, as I will still have to beg, borrow, and steal work time throughout the week, but it will still be nice to see everyone. I hope Shannon will log on and actually post something about this whole thing himself, but based on previous experience, I have to be laid up recovering from childbirth for that to happen. I have some news for Shannon, too. Tomorrow he can sleep in as long as he wants and enjoy his time off. But he better relish it, because no more late nights working means no more sleeping half the day. (And since the girls wake up at 6:00 a.m. every day, 9:30 is sleeping half the day away to me.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic news! : )
- g

M said...

Congrats! I know this is exactly the news you all needed!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I'm really happy for your family!! :D

Unknown said...

Great news...you can really see God's hand working!

Anonymous said...

Could part of "enjoying his day off" be having dinner ready for you and the girls when you get home??? Congratulations to you both! We're all looking forward to having you closer :)

-courtney

Shan said...

Must be the luck of the Shannons. I have a new job too! LOL!

Congrats!

Lilian said...

I'm so happy for you!! I'm only now catching reading blogs now after selling a house, being homeless for a week and moving into a new house that needs tons of work, and I was surprised to see that you had changed plans so abruptly, deciding not to buy the house and move back to your old town, but now I'm so excited he got a job offer!! Have you decided anything about the old blog, I mean, will you start a new one by any chance? Well, good thing there's this one so we can keep in touch :)