Thursday, January 10, 2008

free rice

This message probably sounds like spam, but I promise it is a real post from me, Sarah. I just wanted to share this website with you.

If any of you need a brief diversion, go to www.freerice.com. It is a word game that tests your vocabulary, and for each word you get right, 20 grains of rice are donated to fight world hunger. You don't have to sign up for anything--you don't even give your name. The "rice" is donated in the form of money to the United Nations World Food Program. The connection between your word game and the donation is when you click on a word an advertisement appears at the bottom of the screen. Companies pay for the ad space, and the Free Rice organization donates that money. I've looked into it, and it appears to be completely legitimate.

And, besides, word games are fun.

2 comments:

LeLe said...

I spent a lot of time playing this game right before Christmas when everyone was gone from work and I had nothing to do. It's addictive and fun! Plus, it's goes to charity. What more could you ask for?

Unknown said...

I love that sight and play it often.