Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Standing up!


Yesterday Annabelle stood up without help and without pulling up on anything. She just stood herself up and looked at us. Rebekah said, "Mommy, why isn't she falling down?" She only did that once, but several times she pulled up on something and then let go. She'll be ready to walk any time now. The picture above is not too good because the lights were off when I took it. Annabelle got up about an hour after she went to bed to practice her new skill. We had to keep the lights dim so we wouldn't wake up Rebekah.

Earlier that day Rebekah wanted to play basketball, and since it was cold and wet I suggested that we stay in and use Shannon's new collapsible cooler for a goal. Later I went into the other room to feed Annabelle, and when I came back I found this:
She had a bit of a struggle getting out. She got herself tipped over, but every time she tried to get out, she rolled. I confess, I watched her roll around the living room a few times before I stepped in and rescued her. :)
BTW, this picture features one of the amusing features of our living room. There's not a good place to put an entertainment center, and we wouldn't use the fireplace with a baby around, anyway, so we put the TV on the hearth in front of the fireplace. It goes great with our low-budget child-proofing--we just pile pillows up in front of the bricks.

2 comments:

LeLe said...

Hooray for Annabelle! Hannah just started crawling not too long ago but she's already pulling up on things.

That picture of Rebekah is hilarious. I was that kid. Love the baby-proofing supplies. Hey, go with what you got!

LeLe said...

You have been tagged for a meme if you feel like doing it. Go read my blog...