Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Baby Face

On Monday I had another good doctor's appointment. Last month I had gained NINE POUNDS in four weeks, which had me expecting a 60-pound pregnancy, but this month just three pounds. I'm bigger now than I was at this point in my first pregnancy, which is normal, and I'm also more uncomfortable. I bought this to hold the belly up for me and hopefully help the hip pain I've already got. Annabelle has really put me through the ringer these six months, and I'm sure she has more in store all the way to April.

At the appointment, I asked for another ultrasound, just to see her again and because at our last ultrasound she was wiggling and kicking so much, it was hard to tell the gender. Again, she was very wiggly, but she still appears to be a girl. I got a good look at her face and could see a lot of details like lips and eyelids. The still picture isn't as good as when she was moving, but you can still make out her little face.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I used one of those with Carl. It helped so much. I also used a pregnancy wedge pillow to sleep on. I still have it. If you'd like me to send it to you, let me know. It's just sitting in a box.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm going to need a maternity supporter, too, because of a pinched nerve in my back. It disgruntles me a bit since I didn't need one the previous two pregnancies. Also, I have been sleeping with a body pillow which has been great for the hip pain I usually get when I lie on my side.
~Rochelle