Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lots of news

Last week was certainly eventful. Of course, Annabelle's birth was the most important, but I also got some good news from school. I received a $300 teaching award from my department and a $10,000 national scholarship to help with finishing my dissertation. I also found out last month that one of my essays is going to be published in a book next year. I still have some changes to make on that piece, so now that we're getting settled in with the girls I'm getting right back to work (while Annabelle naps, of course). It's a little overwhelming for all of these things to happen at once, but it is great news and I wanted to share it with you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations, that's wonderful news! I cannot believe you are getting back to work already--what a trooper--no wonder you get awards for teaching and writing!

LeLe said...

Congrats and good luck!

Angelique said...

Congratulations, Your new bundle of joy is beautiful! Also congrats for your essay getting published in a book, That is great news too!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you! I know you definitely deserve it!

Lilian said...

Wow, I only saw this now. Congratulations!!! Great news!