Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Still hanging in


We're still waiting on Annabelle. This week after church our Sunday School class gave us a baby shower, and Rebekah opened all the presents with me. She wasn't jealous that the baby got all the presents--she just had fun opening them. My corsage was made of ruffled baby socks--I will definitely have to take it apart and see how it's made so I can recreate it.
I have another doctors appointment today and after that I am taking Rebekah for a special sibling tour of the hospital. She's been there a few times in the past several months to visit friends who had babies, so I hope that it will be fun and exciting and not scary for her. She already tells everyone that she has a baby sister, but she also says that she is a big brother. We've been reading "The Berenstain Bears' New Baby" and in that story, the brother bear gets a baby sister--so Rebekah is a big brother!

2 comments:

LeLe said...

That's too cute about Rebekah being a big brother! Haha. That was sweet of your Sunday School class to throw you a shower. I got to go see Hannah on Sunday and my mom held her and told me she wanted one...I thought the pressure would be off of us but not on my side of the family!

Lilian said...

You look very pretty and I love your nice belly. When I was that close to giving birth last time I was just huge. I'm short and skinny, but I gained so much weight in my second pregnancy that I looked very very different. None of my maternity clothes fit anymore, which was awful... :(

I love baby showers, but nobody organized one for Linton and I still feel sad about it (I wasn't going to ask anyone to do it, or do it myself, obviously). You're lucky that your friends were thoughtful enough to throw you one even though you're having another girl.