Monday, September 10, 2007

Bouncy Belly



Annabelle (or Belly, as she has come to be called around here--but Shannon says we can't keep calling her that because she can't go to Kindergarten with a name like Belly) has a new toy--Johnny Jump-up! She wants to stand up all the time, and my arms get tired, so I thought she'd like it. The first time I put it up, she just sat on her bottom. Rebekah jumped all around her trying to show her how to jump, but Annabelle just laughed at her. Rebekah can make her laugh out loud better than anyone! She did seem to enjoy sitting up and watch from a different angle, though. Poor Rebekah wanted to get in it so badly, but we had a nice talk about all the things that she can do that babies can't, so she finally felt better. The next day Shannon adjusted the height on the Johnny Jump-up (duh) so she had to stand instead of sit. She still wouldn't jump, though. She scooted around and pivoted on her toes, but she still seemed happy, so I think the toy is a success despite the lack of actual jumping. With a little more practice and sister's help, I'm sure she'll be bouncing soon. For now, it's a great chew toy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister loved her Johnny Jump up airplane she had for her girls, but it did take them a bit to figure out the jumping part. She'll love it once she gets a good start at the jumping.

Anonymous said...

I think kids are so hilarious in the johnny jumpup. I was always bummed that Ellis didn't like his.
Can't believe she's 5mos already!

Anonymous said...

You reminded me that we also have a Johnny Jump-up (or the Evenflo version) that someone gave us awhile back but didn't have a good place to use with Sophia. I already put Eva in it since she also loves to stand up, and we had the same big sister issues. :) I think Eva will like it, too...once she's not hungry!