Wednesday, September 19, 2007

on the lake

This week I began my last year as a twenty- something. Shannon gave me a cake and a balloon, both of which Rebekah has enjoyed immensely, and he also gave me a bouquet of sunflowers. Those made me smile because he gave me sunflowers for my birthday the year we were dating. Last weekend we rented a pontoon boat for a couple of hours and spent the afternoon on the lake. It was such a nice, relaxing time. Poor Annabelle didn't know what to think of her little life jacket, but she eventually snuggled down into it and went to sleep. Shannon and Rebekah actually ventured off the boat into the water, but Rebekah wouldn't let go of the ladder. Shannon tried to encourage her to get out into the lake, but to tell the truth, I was glad she was too scared! If you ask her, though, she went swimming and she wasn't afraid because her life jacket kept her up.


4 comments:

Alice said...

Sweet pics. Nothing better than some family time on the lake.

Annabelle is too cute in her life vest and Rebekah will be driving before you know it....don't rush it!!!

Alice said...

And Happy Happy Birthday to you. The 30's are not bad, I have been there for two years.

Anonymous said...

she is too cute driving that boat!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
Looks like a fun time on the lake..perfect weather right now. I hate it in the HOT summertime.