Wednesday, January 30, 2008

sick day sewing projects


Annabelle is sick today, so I'm staying home with her. I can't get too much school work done while also watching her, but I did throw together a couple of quick sewing projects. I took a pair of pants Shannon was getting rid of and made stuff out of the legs. I made a laptop sleeve to protect my laptop while it's in my school bag and a tote bag out of the other leg. I like piecing things together out of already existing items because part of the structure is already there. It's not quite as hard or tedious as cutting something from a pattern. I also like making bags because they are very forgiving--they don't have to fit, and if the stitches are sloppy, it's less important than if it were on your clothes. Even with stopping several times for Annabelle, these pieces only took me an hour to make. Here's another view:

5 comments:

LeLe said...

I'm so jealous of your creativity! My mom was going to get me a sewing machine for Christmas but we've gotta get more room first!

Anonymous said...

I guess this is the week for sick babies! Hayden has been sick since Saturday :( I hope Annabelle feels better soon.

-Dana

Alice said...

Cute stuff!

Unknown said...

I can't even sew a button...need I say more? Haha! Love the cute ideas.

Anonymous said...

Very cute. We also had sick kids this week--2 out of 3! :-(