Thursday, February 07, 2008

the plague

We've had it rough the past few weeks. Annabelle had an ear infection, followed by another cold, followed by another ear infection, and just when we thought we were out of the woods, she caught a stomach virus. Yesterday Annabelle was doing well, so I was expecting to get back to work, but at 3:00 a.m. Rebekah came into my room to tell me that she was sick. She spent the wee hours of the morning sick and is home now with the stomach virus. Shannon got the flu, which caused him to get bronchitis, and he is just now feeling better. Since he had to take several sick days for himself, he hasn't been able to stay home with the kids, so I've missed two full weeks of work. I've had a bad cold, but I'm starting to feel better. I just hope I don't get the stomach bug, too. So that's what's going on in our lives--sick, sick, sick.

4 comments:

LeLe said...

It's going around here, too. My mom works at a doctor's office and she said that people are coming in twice to get two rounds of medicine because the upper respiratory infections are so bad. There's a lot of stomach virus going around as well. I'm home with a sick stomach but luckily, no nausea!

Unknown said...

Praying your home gets well soon! I can't imagine what its like to be sick and also have to keep up with two sick babies. Its going around our office and I'm just praying it doesn't catch me.

Anonymous said...

Our house sympathizes with yours. Eva has been sick again this week, too--croup and now congestion and an awful cough. She goes to the doctor for a check-up next week anyway, so as long as she's not running a fever, I'm trying to hold out until then.

thursdaynext.21 said...

We've had the same stomach (me) and upper resp (J) problems here. It's invaded campus!