Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sewing for the girls (not just mine!)

Yesterday I took a couple of hours (really, it only took a couple of hours--I'm getting better at this!) to make some things for Rebekah and Annabelle. I found some great fabric for super easy sundresses, and I got carried away. I started these on Saturday, and spent a lot more time trying to get the sizes right--not easy to convince a two-year-old to stand still for a fitting! But once I had a prototype, the rest went smoothly. I actually made SEVEN--three for Rebekah, two for Gracie and Siera so that all three girls can match when we get together this summer, and a top for me so Rebekah and I can match. I also bought some pink gingham for Annabelle, but I won't be making her dress until I see how big she is. I know it's cheesy, but I couldn't resist the mother/daughters ensemble. I'm hoping that I can wear my top before and after the baby is born--it will be a good transition piece until I can wear my regular clothes again.

I also made Annabelle a lovie blanket to play with. I think she will like the high contrast of the white background and bright dots. I hope she'll get attached to it as a security object because I have enough of that fabric to make another one just like it. And I made her a bright red swaddling blanket. I found this fabric around Valentine's Day and loved it--how often do you see a red baby blanket?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wish I knew how to sew, that stuff looks great!

LeLe said...

You are SO crafty! I really need to get back into sewing...but I don't really have any kids to sew for except for Hannah and she's already got more clothes than any other unborn child around.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this blog brings back so many memories of my mom making clothes for me & my sister.... They are very cute!!

Lilian said...

Wow, you're so accomplished, I'm super impressed! Those dresses look great and your top too (I saw it in the next posts). I hadn't been checking your "other blog" that often, but now that Baby Watch 2007 is underway, I'll be coming here often :)