Thursday, July 26, 2007

fussy girls

It has been loud in this house. The formerly pleasant and content Annabelle has lately become Miss Fussypants. She fits right in with her big sister, Miss Sassypants. Between the fuss and the sass, Mommy is tired. But now that they are asleep, the house should be peaceful until about 5:00 a.m. That's when I can expect Rebekah--that's right! the three-year-old!--to wake me up to start the day. The three-month-old will not awaken until 8:00. I put Annabelle to bed and she stays there happily for eleven, even twelve hours. I put Rebekah to bed and she wakes up three times before midnight. What's that all about? I'm hoping the fussiness and the early waking are phases that will pass in the next few days. The sassiness? That is here to stay.

3 comments:

AcadeMama said...

Oh, I feel for you! H went through similar wakings through the night at that age (and beyond), and I had two choices: 1)let her sleep with me, or 2)get up and put her back in bed every time she got up...As a single mom working on an M.A., I was just too tired to do the latter. It does get better, but it could take a while...As in, H was in my spot in my bed this morning when I got out of the shower at 6:30. At least she made it to the morning though :) Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I've noticed a lot of kids that age wake up during the night often. I wonder if maybe its growing pains that wake them or if their little minds are working overtime with the boogey monsters?

Anonymous said...

Sarah --

I feel your pain -- except Chloe used to get up about 3 times within the first half hour of putting her down. (She was just playing me though) I took away her princess dresses and the problem has stopped --mostly.

I've also shortened her nap to 1 1/2 to 2 hours only. If I let her sleep longer than that she won't sleep at all.

As far as the early wake-up call. I usually let Chloe lay with me if it is before 7 -- super early like 5 and its 10 mins with me then back to her own bed until the sun is at least up.