Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Singing Bee

That last post calls for a happier story. I mentioned this on my other blog, but I'll elaborate here. The Singing Bee is the best game show ever! We were all stressed out last night over the many things happening in our lives, and then this show came on.

It was about half an hour past Rebekah's bedtime, but she was still up because she had just finished calling all of her grandparents so she could spell her name for them--that's right! Rebekah can spell her name--accurately and consistently! I didn't even know it. I picked her up from school and her teacher told me that she had told her how to spell her name when the teacher was writing it on her art project for the day. Rebekah was so proud of herself and we laughingly bragged that she could spell her name at two years old--she won't be three until tomorrow!

So, we were all still up and started watching the show and singing along and jumping around and dancing. Rebekah thought it was the funniest thing ever to see Mommy and Daddy dancing and singing, and she got all riled up, too. I can't imagine what Annabelle thought of the whole thing! Rebekah didn't get to sleep until almost 11:00 last night, but it was worth it to have an unplanned evening of fun. We've been so stressed out lately that we all needed to relax and be silly. I recommend watching it and playing along--adults and kids.

After Rebekah went to bed, Shannon and I stayed up making and coloring icing for Rebekah's birthday cake. Shannon remembered learning how to make roses when he was a little boy watching his mom decorate cakes, so he tried his hand at that last night. They weren't half bad. I won't be making any roses, but I think the cake will turn out nice. I'll post a picture after I finish it.

3 comments:

LeLe said...

What a fun night! Maburn and I LOVE the Singing Bee. We were really impressed with the guy who won. I think I could give him a run for his money...

Unknown said...

Richard and I loved the Singing Bee! We had so much fun watching it together and acting so silly. It really brought back some great memories and that guy who won was amazing...minus being a bit off coming in..haha!
Happy Birthday Rebekah!

Anonymous said...

You should seriously consider watching Lawrence Welk sometime (7 pm on Sat, 3 pm on Sun.) My kids are crazy about the show, and at least Marshell and I can laugh about the bad costumes, cheesy music, and L.W.'s corny transitions! We all dance together, though, and have a blast (and some good exercise, too)!